Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Bee Responsible

My first Pintrest classroom craft is officially finished!  I found this idea at 3rd Grade Thoughts when I was paroozing her fabulous blog.  It's the No Name board.

Since my classroom theme for the year is "Bees"...I went with a yellow/black template for the board.


I started with my supplies from Michaels.  A piece of balsa wood, wooden letters, spray paint, mini clothespins and spray adhesive.





My lovely sorority sister Taryn helped me with the spray painting.  I painted the long piece of balsa wood black and the wooden letters yellow to go with my bee theme.




After letting them dry for a few minutes we attached the letters to the balsa wood with spray adhesive.  This was a BIG mistake.  The adhesive stuck to everything, myself, my engagement ring, the deck.  Anything it came in contact with.  I wish I had looked a little harder at Michael's for wood glue.


Last but not least I added the clothespins and bee decoration to top off the No Name Board!  I can't wait to hang the board in my classroom.  Hopefully, I won't have much need for it BUT that is wishful thinking I'm sure.


So grateful for Pintrest

Ms. B

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin