Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Forgive Me!

Yes, yes, yes I am WAY behind on blogging!
Being a first year teacher is a lot like swimming.  You tread water just trying to keep from drowning....
That has been my life for the past six weeks.

Thankfully, things are starting to settle down and blogging has once again worked it's way on my to-do list.  I am so blessed with a larger than average classroom and had a blast organizing and decorating my room.  The theme for our classroom this year is BEES.  Since bees must work together for their beehive to survive and they are always busy I felt it was the perfect basis for our room.  That being said, the room is decorated in bright, cheery yellows and accented with black.

The back wall houses our cubbies, Boggle board, reading log tracker and FASTT math incentives.


I arranged my room in 5 table groups of 5 desks.  One of my mentors during student teaching used a wonderful system, "Days of the Week".  Each desk is marked with a specific day of the week.  When papers need to be collected, passed out or students are called to line up I can simply call off the days of the week!  Instead of having students argue over who retrieves supplies or turns in papers it is taken care of.

One of my many bulletin boards!  This one is dedicated to Writer's Workshop


Our room is also blessed with a plethora of bulletin boards.  Soon these boards will be filled with anchor charts and student work.  I have not used anchor charts in the past and am looking forward to seeing how they benefit my students this year.

The first week was an absolute blur off procedures, meet & greets and exciting discoveries.

Buzz, Buzz
Ms. B

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin